Tbombs517

May 4, 2022
Parkton, Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi. I just had a new programmable pump installed, which the installer set to have the speed change throughout the day. I also have a Pentair Intellitouch unit that has the ability to set programs to turn the pump off an on at set times. I've deleted all programs from the Intellitouch, thinking it best to let the pump's programs take precedence. However, the Intellitouch will still turn off the pump at seemingly random times (perhaps it's after running for a certain amount of time?). Any advice here?

The IntelliTouch will not control your Hayward pump, which you may already know..

I suspect that your installer did not wire your new pump to a circuit breaker, but rather is taking power from the load side of the IntelliTouch's pump/filter relay. That is the only way the IntelliTouch can turn your new pump on or off.

Show us a pic of the inside of your IntelliTouch so we can see the relays, circuit breakers and wiring.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.