Pentair Intellipro VSR

johnmastraci

Aug 1, 2020
Midwest
Hi
I currently run my VSR pump continuously at 35GPM which keeps my pool nice and clean. However I have a chlorinator that does not get enough water flow when my VSR pump is running at such a low speed. I am looking to run the pump at a faster speed for maybe 1-2 hours a night to try to pick up some of the chlorine tabs from the chlorinator.

I am having trouble trying to understand how to program this on my pump. Can anyone help with the steps?

Thanks in advance.

I follow the TFP CYA/FC chart pretty religiously...mostly by adding liquid chlorine every night or two to keep my FC up. However, I wouldn't mind at least a slow trickle of chlorine from the tabs. I plan on a stenner in the future and won't need the chlorinator any longer.

ahhh, gotcha.. so I think you could do it the same way we do a SWG.. go up by 200RPM until it gets the flow you need.. then just program the pump for that RPM and however many hours you want :)

do I set 2 different schedules?
Yes. Your base one is set for rpm (or gpm) you want to run. I believe that is 24 hours for you. Leave that.
Set up another schedule, with the rpm (or gpm) you want for the hours you want that to run. As long as the rpm (or gpm) setting is greater than the base, the higher rpm (or gpm) will run.

Reactions: RJNavarrete
Thank you

i have program 4 set to schedule, 30gpm, start 8am end at 7:59am

then I have program 3 scheduled, 100gpm, 3am start 5am finish.

it is 6:45pm right now and I have it on program 4. It will automatically change to program 3 at 3am?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you

i have program 4 set to schedule, 30gpm, start 8am end at 7:59am

then I have program 3 scheduled, 100gpm, 3am start 5am finish.

it is 6:45pm right now and I have it on program 4. It will automatically change to program 3 at 3am?
Program 3 is just eating electricity - I hope you get the effect you intend. 100gpm may be 1700 watts or more per hour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.