Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I noticed the other day, my pool pump not turning on for its scheduled time. I troubleshooted the problem, but need help. I can manually kick on the Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump on the pump itself when I unplug the cable going to the intellicenter. But I cannot get the pump to turn on from the intellicenter system. Anyone have this before?

Attachments

• C0F03241-9090-4256-B042-DC28B7EF1B0F.jpeg
    C0F03241-9090-4256-B042-DC28B7EF1B0F.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 717BB4CF-0462-4DE5-8FDD-A1D258616A81.jpeg
    717BB4CF-0462-4DE5-8FDD-A1D258616A81.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 14
Steve,

How old is the pump? Newer pumps had a firmware issue that needs to be reprogrammed. Use the pump's display and menu and report back what the current F/W level is.

You should not connect or disconnect the RS-485 cable with power on as this can blow up the RS-485 chips. To use the pump in the standalone mode, just put the system into the Service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Steve,

How old is the pump? Newer pumps had a firmware issue that needs to be reprogrammed. Use the pump's display and menu and report back what the current F/W level is.

You should not connect or disconnect the RS-485 cable with power on as this can blow up the RS-485 chips. To use the pump in the standalone mode, just put the system into the Service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim, thank you for the reply. The pump was installed when we built the pool in the spring of 2019. I will get the firmware version when I get home this evening.

Steve,

It would not hurt to check the F/W but I think the problem was with newer pumps.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page.. When the pump is being controlled by the automation, the display should say "Display not active" like in your pic. The problem is that the display shows that the automation can talk to the pump, but not necessarily that the pump can talk back to the automation. :(

Did you do any programming just before the problem started? I have an EasyTouch and not the new IntelliCenter, but with the EasyTouch, if you reset the pump type it will wipe out all your pump speeds.

For the pump to run several things have to happen...

The pumps display needs to say "Display not active"
The pump needs to know what speed to run.
Speeds need to be assigned to a Circuit (Usually Pool or Spa, but any circuit will work)
A circuit with a speed must be active or on.
The system must be in Auto and not the Service mode.

A good example would be the System is in AUTO and in the Pool mode and the Pool Circuit has been assigned a speed of 2000 RPM.

Also.. If you were playing with the 'F' button, it is possible that you can get the system confused, depending on when you hit the button, it can cause the system to miss the next scheduled cycle. You can wait 24 hours or just hit the reset button. (Not sure the IntelliCenter has a reset button)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.