Pentair INTELLIFLO VS+SVRS Drive

Jul 5, 2017
DFW TX
How do I know if the drive on my INTELLIFLO VS+SVRS pump is the latest version? The PB installed a new drive (part number 356910Z) because the pump kept shutting down, but how do I know they didn't install an old version that may not be covered under warranty? Can you tell I'm not very trusting? :)

The new drive has SW Ver 2.06 (BL V.2.3) on the label.

Also, after just two months of use on a new pool, the pump looks like this, is it normal? (see second photo) Do I need to clean it regularly?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

20170818_161720.jpg20170818_161737.jpg

WS,

In the DFW area Pentair warranty work is done by an outside vender, not the pool builder himself..

When the Pentair tech came out for me... He had me open the box with the new unit.. He said this was his way of letting people that they were getting a new unit. Pentair techs do not installed used items.

Call Ben Carter Construction (Authorized Pentair Service Center) at 972-539-1915 and see if they can answer your question...

I have the SVRS option and would never buy it again. I love the pump, but the SVRS option is like an anchor around the pump's neck. Any little surge will make the pump "think" that someone is stuck on the main drain and it will shut down and then recycle several times... I have found that if I let my pool water get below an inch of water at the skimmer mouth and the waterfall comes on, then the pump will shut off 50% of the time. I just keep my water level up so this won't happen.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the response Jim. When the PB service guy came to fix another issue I told him the pump errored all the time, especially when trying to prime. Just like you say, any surge shut it down. He told me that Pentair fixed that problem and he scheduled the drive replacement. They came out with a drive in a box but it was already opened. I just wondered if the software revision, or the drive was the latest.

What version do you have? I can tell you that after replacing the drive, the pump now works perfectly, and doesn't keep going into error mode after I clean a basket...

Steve,

Glad to hear yours was fixed. Mine is about 3 years.. my label is different and has no F/W level or rev.

The vent grid is just as dirty as yours though. To be honest, I have never looked behind the pump before.

Thanks for the feed back..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.