Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed pump (011018) integrated with Hayward Omnilogic

AHHA

Bronze Supporter
Sep 27, 2022
Texas
We have had the Hayward controls for at least 15 years. I just upgraded it to an Omnilogic board. We have a Pentair IntelliFlow pump that was installed a few years ago. Generally, the old board just turned it on and off. With the Omnilogic - sometimes it turns it "on" but the pump is at 0rpm. I installed the Hayward Converter part HLPMPCONV - which is supposed to have it communicate with the Omnilogic as a VSP, however it isn't showing up. Can someone look at the wiring and tell me what is wrong?
This is a picture from before the installation of the pump converter - pretty much the converter just replaces the VSP wiring at the top left with a different part that connects to those wires.
IMG_8650.jpeg
When going into the system information part of the Omnilogic, I don't think I see the pump there:
IMG_8766.jpeg
If you have any ideas, please let me know. Right now, the pump runs as a "single speed pump"..
TIA

Show me pics with the HLPMPCONV board connected.

The HLPMPCONV gives you a pump HUA to choose during Configuration. Did you go through Configuration and say you have a VS pump?

I attached 3 images.
Yes, I went through and tried to add it as a vsp pump, but it is not showing the pump under the system info for the msp (?) in order to connect it.
I have tried switching it by editing the configuration rather than starting new. I will not control it if it is noted as vsp.

IMG_8775.jpegIMG_8776.jpegIMG_8777.jpeg

That seems to have worked in the menu, but it will not turn the pump on...
I went into the configuration menu and edited it to a vsp pump. It still did not show the HUA. I saved it anyway. It restarted and I checked the system info and it was there.. I went back and edited the HUA for the correct VSP pump..
It restarted.
I tried to turn it on.. and no power to the pump.

I don’t know how to change this. It is wired however the pool guy did it, but I was guessing that was the issue..
I generally turns on when the Omnilogic tells it to and hits relay 5?

Move the red wire on screw 2 to screw 1; move the blue wire on screw 4 to screw 3.

There will be 2 wires under screws 1 and 3.

Turn off all power to the Omni panel before touching anything.

image-jpg.575880

Reactions: AHHA

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are glad we could help fix your problem. We are all volunteers providing assistance. Please consider making a tax deductible contribution to TFP to keep the servers running.

Reactions: AHHA