Pentair Intelliflo - Alarm! Priming Dry

jkalin1

Apr 11, 2013
Hello, my ~8 year old Pentair Intelliflo is showing a Alarm! Priming Dry error. The pump doesn't sound like it's trying to prime at all. It doesn't make a sound. The rpms and watts will rise until it times out, but no sound. I'm running it via a Pentair EasyTouch control system. I can manually move the impeller by reaching in past the skimmer basket. Any ideas on what else to try?

Attachments

• pump priming error.jpg
    pump priming error.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello, my ~8 year old Pentair Intelliflo is showing a Alarm! Priming Dry error. The pump doesn't sound like it's trying to prime at all. It doesn't make a sound. The rpms and watts will rise until it times out, but no sound. I'm running it via a Pentair EasyTouch control system. I can manually move the impeller by reaching in past the skimmer basket. Any ideas on what else to try?
When you move the impeller does the fan on the back of the motor move as well? If not the impeller has broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.