Pentair Intellichlor heavily calcified/obstructed. Is it salvageable?

Your pool water is perfect candidate for a water exchange. The per unit volume weight of your pool water is WAY above tap water (salt and CH).
Take a look at Draining - Further Reading

I've considered this but never did the homework to figure out how exactly to go about it. I may give it a shot.

If you get the TA down to about 50 and keep the pH down to about 7.5, you can keep the CSI under control, but the margins are tight.

You need to work on getting the calcium down somehow.

You might need to get a water supply with very low calcium. Maybe a water softener for the pool water.

What is the fill water calcium level?

I've been working on getting the TA down (it was >400 at one point) slowly but surely, and also trying to maintain the Ph at a reasonable level as well. It jumps up really quickly.

Your fill water is the same as mine, Colorado River water. CH is 250 ppm and TA 130 ppm. So to keep TA in check, you must add acid very regularly.

For the CH, I am looking at installing a water softener just for the pool. Do you have a whole house water softener?

I plan to install it outside on my equipment pad. For all the parts and the softener I am at about $450. I will use a dry well to put the effluent into. The ground here in Laughlin is decomposed granite. Essentially a gravel.

I’m sure there are pool reverse osmosis services in the Phoenix area. I had similar CA levels and after treatment I had absolutely perfect water. (Had to add back CYA and salt but they are relatively inexpensive.) Pool level is maintained throughout due to makeup water being added but the overall water wastage is minimal. Like most of the west, AZ is facing drought and diminishing Colorado River water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.