Pentair IntelliCenter can’t find my home network. HELP!!

ctv0515

Jun 29, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
I can not figure out for the life of me how to get my IntelliCenter to connect to my wifi. The problem I am having is that it will not ever find my network to connect to. I have a AT&T router with both 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz enabled. I have called pentair and their only suggestion was to try resetting the antenna on the IntelliCenter and to make sure I have 2.4ghz enabled on my router. Both are done.

I’ve reset my router. Reset the IntelliCenter. Reset the antenna. I’ve tried boosting the signal for the antenna. It will not find my home wifi. When I am standing beside the IntelliCenter my phone has full wifi signal from my home network. The IntelliCenter will pick up other networks in the area and even some other AT&T networks but not mine. I’m at a loss. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try turning off the 5 ghz band on your WiFi until after the IntelliCenter makes its first connection. Pentair only Uses the 2.4 ghz but there have been reports of having 5 ghz on has created initial connection problems.

@MyAZPool may have run into this or not?

Try turning off the 5 ghz band on your WiFi until after the IntelliCenter makes its first connection. Pentair only Uses the 2.4 ghz but there have been reports of having 5 ghz on has created initial connection problems.

@MyAZPool may have run into this or not?

I tried that just before posting this. Still nothing. 😕

If I put my phone on hot spot the IntelliCenter will immediately find it but no such luck for my home network.

Your phone has a very different WiFi setup then the IntelliCenter. Pentair technology is not the most modern.

You have the WPA2 protocol set for the WiFi password on the router and IntelliCenter?

For test purposes try and turn off the Wifi password on your router and see if the IntelliCenter connects?

You have any special characters or funky formatting in the SSID?

You have any other 2.4ghz only devices connected to your network that would confirm that your 2.4 ghz band is working properly?

You have a network sniffer app on a PC?

Your phone has a very different WiFi setup then the IntelliCenter. Pentair technology is not the most modern.

You have the WPA2 protocol set for the WiFi password on the router and IntelliCenter?

For test purposes try and turn off the Wifi password on your router and see if the IntelliCenter connects?

Below are my settings. See anything out of the ordinary?

Attachments

• C5001B67-08FF-4D2E-BC6A-A1FA8967BA3E.jpeg
    C5001B67-08FF-4D2E-BC6A-A1FA8967BA3E.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 95
I would change your SSID and guest SSID to be all letters and delete the - and period.

I would turn off security on your guest SSID and see if the IntelliCenter will connect to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocket J Squirrel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was it changing the SSID name or turning security off that got it to work?

When mine was recently installed I was told Pentair was picky with the SSID. They told me a lot of people were creating a guest network with basic SSID and password just for the intelicenter. That's what I did so I did not have to reconnect all of my other devices by changing my SSID.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.