Pentair Intellicenter availability issues - anyone else?

BrittanyV

Silver Supporter
Dec 7, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So we just learned from our PB today that the Intellicenter controller that we upgraded to on our build is out of stock. PB says that their supplier is telling them it wont be available until SEPTEMBER!

Is anyone else having similar experiences?

Our PB is continuing to search for other sources, but we may be looking at some sort of compromise. We don't have a proposal from them yet as they are still trying to find the Intellicenter, Maybe we have a short term (non automated?) solution until the components can be installed?

M&B

Thanks Jim! I sent a screenshot of this very thing last night to my PB. I haven't spoken to them since.

I do find it odd that the Intellicenter packages are now in stock at Polytec, but out of stock for my PB. I say this because I was looking for the 5PIC40 at Polytec about a month ago and at that time they were also out of stock at that time.

We shall see how this goes, just curious if others were getting similar feedback.

B,

I suspect that he gets a discount at his local supplier and maybe even bonuses based on how much he buys in a year.. He also has an account with them, so he does not have to pay cash..

I suggest that you tell your pool builder that you will buy the equipment and he can install it and of course give you credit for your costs.. The worst he can do is say no..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BrittanyV
Our PB had the easy touch 8 on our initial build sheet, I requested the intellicenter after some great advice from people like Jim. Our PB also said it will be hard to find the intellicenter as production was shut down for a large percentage of 2020 that with the increase pool demand they are just not available or hard to find. I insisted I wanted the intellicenter and the PB finally found one, where I have no idea, it did cost me about $1000 more.
Just know you are not alone in trying to get the intellicenter and from my research the PB was telling me the truth.

John

Most pool equipment(pumps, filters, automation) was in short supply before the winter storm hit Texas as there was a large spike in new pool being built last year and to start his year. With all the pool damage in Texas from the winter storm supply for some equipment is back ordered for months. You may find an online store that may have sporadic stock but generally local suppliers are pretty back ordered.

It goes beyond pools as well. A lot of outdoor home improvement items are limited supply or have long lead times. You had spikes in demand coupled with supply chain disruptions.

Not sure what pricing you got from your builder but retail/online store pricing were higher than the price I got from my electrician (I am an owner/builder). Do you know which model you are looking for?

Not sure what pricing you got from your builder but retail/online store pricing were higher than the price I got from my electrician (I am an owner/builder). Do you know which model you are looking for?
I'm pretty sure it is this one when looking at the Pentair site: 521905. We have a simple pool, with VS pump, Raypak NG heater, Pentair lights and will need the IC40. I also want the module for detecting autocover open / close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.