Pentair Intellibrite lights won't change color when cycling

gaz

Jun 5, 2020
Los Angeles
Hi all - appreciate any help on this! Just moved into new house, both pool and spa have same light - 120V Pentair Intellibrite LED, not the 5G but an older model. J box well located and close to pool.

Lights controlled by a Jandy Aqualink RS hardwired in the house which works reasonably well otherwise.

However, I cannot get the Pentair lights to cycle to any color. Regardless of whether I cycle them using the color selection on the Jandy, or cycle them manually using breaker, they're stuck on the same color pattern, some sort of factory setting that slowly cycles through the available colors. Both pool and spa lights react in the same way, and run the same pattern.

I've had different reliability issues with these lights before in my last home and had to replace the entire units, etc, and obviously don't want to go down the road of buying two whole new light fixtures and running new cable if there might be a fix I am missing.

Are they both doing the same thing ? have you tried the re sync function on the control panel ?

They are both doing exactly the same thing - the control panel doesn't have a re-sync option but they are not out of sync. They're just both stuck on the same setting, a slow progression through the colors.

I don't hear any sort of relay click when I have the controller cycle through the colors, which I always used to on my old lights, if that helps at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.