Pentair Intellibrite 5G won't turn off (keep flickering)

karid

Oct 22, 2018
Boulder City, NV
We just had our pool remodeled. Part of it was for them to install the new Pentair color LED lights (intellibrite 5G) in the pool and spa. I don't have the controllers or automation, but I usually turn the lights on/off using a button in my box. They said this would be fine.

I can turn them on just fine. I can figure out how to scroll through the color choices (turning off/on a bunch of times). So no problems there.

However, when I turn the lights off - they flash every 4 seconds. So they don't turn completely off. They sit there flickering, for hours (I let it go this morning thinking at some point maybe they'd stop-but they didn't). This happens on both pool and spa lights. I end up having to kill it via switching the fuse off in the box.

They should turn off I assume and not flicker? They pool company is coming later this week to collect the last payment, but I don't really want to pay if there's some installation problem with the lights or a loose connection.

Hi Karid,
Describe your setup to us a bit more (also add it to your profile signature) - you said you don't have automation, but what is the button in your box.

I've seen LED lights flicker like that when they're controlled by an TRIAC type switch (a remote on/off switch that is not a relay). How are yours configured? And are they on a dimmer?

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.