Pentair Intellbrite 5G or LED Bulbs

mgabriel

May 12, 2020
Nashville, TN
We are in the middle of installing a pool and looking at lights. We were leaning toward the Pentair Intellbrite 5G but not sure if that is the route we should take. I don't like the idea that if something goes wrong, we have to replace the whole light. I read that it's possible to purchase an incandescent light fixture and replace the bulb with an LED bulb. Is this an option that we should consider? Thanks

Have they already installed the niche into the plaster? Do you know which one was installed? If they installed the Pentair Amerilte niche - and it is deep for a screw in bulb - then there are LED replacement bulbs you can get - from Pentair or from a 3rd party - Halco/J and J Electronics make a direct replacement LED color changing bulb that will fit in to that housing. I'm just learning of those newer Intellibrite 5G bulbs and it looks like they have a new shallow niche that the older bulbs will not fit in.

I agree - that Intellibrite light does seem to have some problems, to the point there is already a 3rd party that builds a new LED board and has a how-to for repairing them.

If your PB will let you choose any light and not just what they stock then I'd consider the Halco/J and J Electronics up front. I have 2 years experience with the Spa LXG color change (LED) bulb, it still works great and just about 2 weeks ago I installed the newer Pool LXG color change w Pure White (LED) bulb in the pool. Very happy with it so far too.

My pool started off with incandescent bulbs in both 5 years ago and both of those burned out. So moved up to the LED bulb from J and J since it was a direct replacment screw in bulb, it was LED and the Pentair Easytouch will control the colors just like they would the Pentair LED bulbs which were way overpriced from the PB 5 years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.