Pentair IC40 vs SPLASH IRCF40

Aug 4, 2015
Anaheim
Need a new chlorine generator. Existing is Pentair IC40. Any one with experience using the SPLASH IRCF40?
Sounds like you cannot control it from Pentair Automation. Reviews are mixed.

$599

$1700

Need a new chlorine generator. Existing is Pentair IC40. Any one with experience using the SPLASH IRCF40?
Sounds like you cannot control it from Pentair Automation. Reviews are mixed. Any luck with the SPLASH version? $1700 is crazy for the Pentair which is prone to failure fairly quickly.

$599 Amazon.com : SPLASH IRCF40 - Replacement Salt Cell for Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 : Garden & Outdoor

$1700 https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-520555-IntelliChlor-Chlorine-Generator/dp/B001DSLLH4/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ic40&qid=1624577324&sr=8-3

My,

How big is your pool in gallons?

What output % did you have to run the IC40 to keep your chlorine up to your Target?

What is your CYA level?

How long did you run the Pump/SWCG each day.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have not used the Splash brand, but certainly tried many other brands, based on the look of it, I believe they are all made by the same company, just with different labels put on it. But they cost 1/3 of name brand on Amazon. Or less than 1/2 of real deal ($1200). I like the generic better because you can just replace the cell without the electronics (such a waste on the name brand)View attachment 349425

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.