Pentair ic40 help

Scoobaru86

Jun 15, 2022
My mother has a pentair ic40 cell and nobody can figure it out. The pool place wanted to replace the cell but I'm trying here first.
Beginning of the year it wouldn't even turn on so I opened the electrical box and a wire was loose. Fixed that and it turned on but wasn't producing chlorine. We trouble shorted it to be the circuit board. So we replaced that and it worked great for about 1 week.
Now the cell light is flashing green and everything else is doing what it should be with all chemicals and temp in range. If you reset the cell. The cell light will stay solid for about 20 minutes before flashing.
We took the cell to the local pool company and it works fines on their system with no issues and they even cleaned it for us to be safe. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Maybe another loose wire somewhere?

S,

How old is the Cell? Cells tend to last 5 to 7 years, but that is an average, so some last longer and some less.

One of the classic symptoms of a bad cell is for the cell light to flash, when the cell is clean. When this happens, you can often restart the cell and it will work for a short period of time before the cell light starts flashing again.

Sorry,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.