"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I get no reply from Pentair tech support on this. My IC40 is connected via the IntelliConnect and shows up in Pentair Home. Pentair Home reports the "Chlorine Output" plus Salt Level (only Good or ?) and the Salt Cell Water Temp. The Chlorine Output is adjustable IN THE APP in 1% increments. However the cell lights only indicate 2-4-6-8-10 and 20-40-60-80-100. As I understand it, those numbers represent the percent of each five minutes of ON time that the cell is producing chlorine. What I asked Pentair, and now I'm asking the experts here, is if setting something between the lights, say 40 and 60 (50 for example) will actually run based on 50% or still run based on what the lights show.

Thank you, Jim. That's what I hoped. It's a big jump from 40 to 60. Even bigger from 20 to 40 like in the early spring.
Disappointed that Pentair never answered my inquiry. Back in 2018-19, they had a really knowledgeable and helpful guy, Brian Boothe, who would answer questions and even talked me though some configuration and connections once. He's apparently gone now, as his email bounces.

Incidentally, the Pentair Home app will run on a PC with the Bluestacks Android emulator.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.