Pentair High Power Wireless Link Kit issue.

tjslice

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
I have the Intellicenter with the High Power Wireless link kit. Everything was working as it should. I could control my pool both locally and remotely.

I was doing some electrical work, and turned the power off at the breaker to my equipment room (Router, Modem, Link Kit, etc.)

When I turned the power back on, everything started up, but my pool shows offline both locally and remotely. The Link Kit has a solid green power and receive lights, but nothing on the transmit.

I tried moving the Link Kit closer to the pool equipment, swapping cables and ports, but nothing has helped.

Any ideas?

I have the Intellicenter with the High Power Wireless link kit. Everything was working as it should. I could control my pool both locally and remotely.

I was doing some electrical work, and turned the power off at the breaker to my equipment room (Router, Modem, Link Kit, etc.)

When I turned the power back on, everything started up, but my pool shows offline both locally and remotely. The Link Kit has a solid green power and receive lights, but nothing on the transmit.

I tried moving the Link Kit closer to the pool equipment, swapping cables and ports, but nothing has helped.

Any ideas?
You may just want to restart the intellicenter. If everything was a shut down and then turned back on together, the IC may have tried to link up before the router & modem got fully operational. I have found it better to sequence start up of some of my electronics to avoid this.

Reactions: Dirk
^^^^ what he said! Restarting stubborn equipment is usually the first troubleshooting step. A rule of thumb is to go "from the outside in." By that I mean, start with the thing "closest" to the internet and work your way in, one at a time, leaving at least a few minutes between devices. Many of these devices negotiate with each other and (1) they have to be available to each other (warmed up) in order to do so, and (2) the order can matter. So for example:

cable modem -> router -> ethernet switch(es) -> wifi (if separate from router) -> computers -> pool wireless -> pool controller

If that doesn't work, you can start again and swap some or all of the order, for example, you might try powering up the pool controller first, and then the pool wireless, etc.

And repeat that all a few times if you still don't have success, because, well, sometimes that works!

Same thing happened to mine. Working fine for 2.5 years, one day it just is not connected. The antenna has lights and seems to be getting a signal, but the Intellicenter is not recognizing it.

I ran a new ethernet cable to it, restarted everything multiple times, and nothing. The warranty guy comes out next week and I'll let you know what happens. Here is my thread if helpful:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.