Pentair heat pump error message

Maestro

Silver Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Cape May Court House, NJ
I had my propane heater replaced with a Pentair heat pump, model 140H/C. Every time the pool circulation pump shuts off (I run two 3-hour cycles per day) the heat pump shows an error message: “Alarm Status Low Water Flow” and a red service light comes on. If I just leave it alone, the heat pump comes on fine again when the next cycle starts.

I called Pentair and the tech told me the heat pump has to turn off before the circulation pump. Other than that he was not much help. My old propane heater did do that, but this one must be wired differently. Right now the heat pump is wired directly to the circuit breaker box. Should it be wired somehow to the same timer as the circulation pump? Or should it be wired to its own timer?

Or should I just not worry about it and ignore the warning message?

What timer turns your pump on and off?

The message is saying your heater is on and it does not have water flow.

I don't think you will get much heating out of your HP running only 6 hours a day.

The only issue with relying on the HP water switch is if it fails and keeps running the HP with no water it can damage the HP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.