Pentair Heat Pump Availability

UtexasChris

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
Hey all,

Like alot of other people in Texas, my Pentair 460958 UltraTemp 140K BTU Heat Cool Pump was wrecked. I was lucky and was able to get my insurance to cover it, but I've called all over the US and haven't been able to find one given the supply challenges that started with COVID manufacturing delays and the demand challenges that resulted from the winter storm in TX.

Anyone by chance have a lead on anyone that might have one in stock? I know it's a long shot but I figured it might be worth the ask.

Good luck, everyone else is looking for the same things as you... They have a normal supply and Covid choked it then the freeze emptied it out... :(

Might want to look at an Aquacal heat pump. My Pentair UltraTemp was also a casualty of the freeze and I replaced it this week with an Aquacal. Took one week to deliver straight from the factory.

Which acquacal did you get? Also are you using an easy touch or Intellicenter? I’m wondering if I lose any of the automation/integration capabilities of the Intellicenter if I go Acquacal on the heat pump.
I got the new variable speed heat pump / chiller: HeatWave SuperQuiet® Variable Speed SQ150VS - AquaCal Website

I have IntelliCenter. Technician is coming in a few days to finish the installation. Not sure how well it will integrate, but I'll let you know.

@pjt Were you able to get your intellicenter installed with the new AcquaCal? I'd love to hear any feedback on if the full integration works or if you lose out on anything by not using a Pentair Heat pump. Also, how are you liking the AcquCal?

@pjt Were you able to get your intellicenter installed with the new AcquaCal? I'd love to hear any feedback on if the full integration works or if you lose out on anything by not using a Pentair Heat pump. Also, how are you liking the AcquCal?
New heat pump had a manufacturing defect from the factory. :(

In the process of having Aquacal fix it or replace the entire unit. When I do get the new heat pump up and running, I'll post the results.

• Sad
Reactions: VetteBlue

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That’s awesome. Does all of the automation work seamlessly from what you’ve seen? It seems I won’t be able to get another Pentair for months and hear great things about the Acquacal anyway. Everything I have is pentair but if it integrates seamlessly that definitely gives me more options.

Reactions: cowboycasey
That’s awesome. Does all of the automation work seamlessly from what you’ve seen? It seems I won’t be able to get another Pentair for months and hear great things about the Acquacal anyway. Everything I have is pentair but if it integrates seamlessly that definitely gives me more options.
Yes, the automation works well. Just like you, everything I have is Pentair except for the heat pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.