Pentair Globrite vs Brilliant Wonders which one?

My understanding is the GloBrite has a proprietary shapes niche. Will the Brilliant Wonders light fit into it?

was hoping you would go for anything other than globrite. this is what happened to both the 2013 era globrites in my pool. we just replaced one but the second one the cable snapped 10’ from the end. now i have to get fish tape and hope for the best. pool installer did 90 degree pvc instead of sweeping or dual 45s. i have 100’ fish tape on order.

Correct myself: pool installer did mostly sweeping but there is at least one 90 elbow. Not sure what the issue is.

Last edited:
I looked up the specs of the Brilliant Wonders light to see how much different it would be to the GloBrites.

Both are 12v AC. Both have their own niches. and they are not the same . The GloBrite needs a 2" pvc for their niche. The BW needs a 1.5 pvc for it's wall fitting. The BW wall fittings goes over this pvc and has a 1.5" thread for the faceplate to screw into. The faceplate threads into the wall fitting and the the light inserts into this faceplate and turns to lock in place.

The GloBrite body is 1.5" diameter and then expands at the head to about 1.85". I am assuming the BW body is narrower than 1.5" since the wall fitting is that size and the faceplate screws into that. They don't give the diameter of the BW body in their drawing.

Chipping away (if a gunite pool) at the opening to remove the GloBrite niche is out of the question. way too much work. you would need an adapter to fit into the GloBrite niche which has 1.5" female npt threads for the BW face plate. If you could find that, the BW can be adapted to work with the GloBrite niche.

You can say its not worth it since the two brands are not that far apart in price but the biggest advantage would be the BW lights are easily replaced. They can be removed from the umbilical You only need to pull out enough cable to get the connector above water. The GloBrites can't be disconnected and you have to replace the entire light and cable and pull the new through the conduit. That would be the only advantage I could see.

Assuming the GloBrite lights still suffer from cracked cases. The GloBrite I just bought was made in October 2019. Replaces the ones I had which were 2013.

I ordered mine and haven't received it yet. My old one shows the exact same crack marks as yours. This obviously is a defect in manufacturing OR they have a limited life span.

In either case they are expensive as heck and I don't really know why?

But yes in my case the cost difference was too little to take a chance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.