Pentair GloBrite LED lights cracked in less than 3 years

pecothern

Apr 17, 2019
Mississippi
My pool was built 3 years ago. Its vinyl liner. Builder installed 2 Glo Brite Part #602054 Both of them quit working last year. Today we replaced them and I'm Back in business "after nearly $800 spent"

I was surprised to find the body of both of these lights to be cracked. I guess this is where the water got in and ruined the electronics. The body seems to be aluminum. These things are beautiful in the pool but dang they are expensive and I cant afford to replace them every couple of years. Any ideas what caused this.? I'm in Mississippi my pool has never frozen, also its a salt water pool

Attachments

• 20190417_094751.jpg
    20190417_094751.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190417_094807.jpg
    20190417_094807.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190417_094816.jpg
    20190417_094816.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 32
Welcome to the forum!
I know the early version LED lights had issues. I know one of our Intellibrite lights failed early on and was replaced under warranty. So far, the other one is still fine. The older one is now over 4 years old.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

I have 2 that look like yours
How did you get them out of their nitches?
After unlocking them mine will only come out about 2 inches
Do I have to pull really hard or disconnect the power line from the 12V transformer then pull them out

You must absolutely disconnect the old wire at the transformer. attach a string with electrical tape to the old wire. Unlock your old light with the tool from your new light. you may have to get in the pool and PULL!! PULL! out the old wire till the string comes out in the water. then attach your new wire, which is probably way longer than your old wire to the string then have someone at the transformer pull the string as you feed in the new wire till all the slack is out and you lock in the new light. cut off the excess wire at the transformer then strip wires and attach the new light wires to the transformers.. Hopefully your builder did not put in any 90 elbows only soft 90 turns.. Use your old wires to make some badass extension cords. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.