Pentair FNSP 48 DE filter, mfred in 2021 has a different retaining nut than listed in the manual

I personally would take it apart to be sure nothing shifted during shipping. Also would want to lube the Oring with Pool Lube.
Sadly found a minor leak at the seam where the main lid body joins with the tip port for air relief valve. Not sure if how Pentair would react since it was purchased last summer but not installed until recently. Pool was open yesterday by pool company and last night noticed it....
img_4693-jpeg.484566

I'm contacting Pentair but really worried about the turnout. I bought it last summer coz it was cheap and I thought it was a simple swap in an out from my old pacfab. Did not install it until recently thinking a brand new item should be OK. My general contractor put it in along with the new plumbing while pool was closed, but the pool company came to open yesterday that marked its first usage. If Pentair really want to be Rear about it, is this something fixable at all? Sigh...
It is not repairable and is dangerous...the cover should be replaced.

Another active thread at the moment...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.