Pentair filter unit replacement options.

Dec 9, 2014
Corona CA
I have a salt pool with a Pentair Clean and Clear plus. I believe the pool was done around 07 based of dates I have found on some of the equipment. The filter unit is the smallest one the offer, my pool guy has said it was for a spa and not a pool of this size.

The filter body has a pin hole and needs to be replaced. What are my options for a larger unit that will drop in place of the current unit. Are all the Pentair bases the same hookup location and just the top portion gets larger? I don’t mind going with the Pentair brand but really dislike where the drain is located. Even though I have a pool guy for the convenience part of week to week chemistry I do all the filter cleaning and repairs

I use the pool almost daily so I would rather over filter than under.

Sorry for the total noob questions. I searched on google and YouTube with not much luck.

Are all the Pentair bases the same hookup location and just the top portion gets larger?
Yes, exactly. All the CCP bases & clamps are the same.
I don’t mind going with the Pentair brand but really dislike where the drain is located.
I never open the drain on mine; I suck the bottom debris out with a shop vac. I don't want that crud spilling onto my equipment pad and I don't trust the drain plug to go back in right.
I have a pool guy for the convenience part of week to week chemistry I do all the filter cleaning and repairs
The "week to week chemistry" is the easy part. Except you can and should do it yourself using a proper test kit and more often than weekly.

W,

Show us a pic of what you have now.. It appears to me there are at least two different styles of Clean and Clear filters... Both have different input and output locations.

We always suggest that you get the biggest cartridge filter you can afford.. You can never go too big with a filter. The bigger the filter, the less often it will need to be cleaned.

Thanks,

Jim R.

RJS,

Good catch..., I missed the word "Plus".. When the OP said his pool guy thought it was for a Spa, I had my mind set on one of those dinky "Florida" filters... :mrgreen:

But, if the OP has the Clean and Clear PLUS, then even the smallest one is 240 sq. ft., so how could that be confused with a Spa filter.. :scratch:

Thanks for the course correction,

Jim R.

Thanks for all the replies. I do plan on taking over the chemistry. I have been working from home and now have time. Before this most work days were dark to dark.

I should add that although I am in a normal track home neighborhood I am on the outer edge. My back fence is the extreme border and behind me is a huge abandoned orange grove and gravel company with trucks running in an out all day. So I get more than average amount of dust and pollen.

I do service the salt generator, clean the filters etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.