Pentair Filter communication lost

BritA

Jun 29, 2022
Rhode Island
Hello,
I am new to this site and have found my way here because my new pool hasn’t been working and the installer has been non responsive to the issues. A little background to the issue at hand. I have a 32x16 inground saltwater that uses the Pentair/ ScreenLogic program. We began our install last October. After several delays with the pool installer, the winter, and many more delays and months later we finally had our pool “finished” on the 18th of June. Unfortunately for us the filter has not been running without issues since being fired up.

The first thing my husband and I noticed straight away was the filter was running at Max RMP’s at all times. So we reached out to the pool company immediately, no response. The following day we notice the filter was off and we starting getting two system alerts: “Pump 1: communication lost” and “Cloronator: communication lost”

At first we were able to turn the filter off and it would restart when it was put back on. After a few days and several attempts to contact the contractor that installed our pool the suggestion to change out an electrical Breaker to a GFI was made. My husband did that right away but the issues continued on and off with out any change.

A week later we had a small gathering and turned our heater on. The heater would turn on but we couldn’t get the heater to stay on for more than one filter cycle each time before turning off. The next day with the same incessant alerts the filter would not start at all. We have tried to restart it several times without luck. We have tried to contact the installer to see if someone can come out to take a look over a dozen times without any luck.

It has been 4 days without the filter running at all, our water is getting murky and I am desperate for some advice on what we might be able to do to get our pool up and running!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brit,

First, not to be picky, just so that we are all on the same page. A filter cleans the pool water. What is not working for you is the main Pool pump.

I assume you have an IntelliFlo pump and either an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch automation system.

If you can show me several pics of your system, I can try to get you pointed in the right direction.

I need pics of your equipment pad, as well as a pics of your automation system, so that I can see all the relays and wiring, inside the cabinet.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Brit,

Some things you can look at now.

Go into ScreenLogic and show me you schedules like this.

The pump will not run unless several things happen.

1. The pump must be under the control of the Automation. The pump's display should say "Display not Active"
2. The system must be in Auto, and not the Service mode.
3. There must be an Active Circuit scheduled. This is usually the Pool or Spa circuit.. Active means it is on.
4. There must be a speed assigned to that Circuit.

Show me a pic of the little LCD on the main panel.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.