Pentair EasyTouch remote control won't power on

BHouse

Aug 22, 2019
San Diego, CA
Hi! My Pentair EasyTouch remote controller won't power on. I have changed the batteries several times to no avail. However, it never showed the low battery status, just stopped turning on, no matter how long I hold the button. I can still control the pool equipment from the outside control/maintenance panel. The remote (and all equipment) is about 4.5 years old (first use, Feb 2015). We had this problem with the remote about 6 months ago, and my dad shook/blew/??? and it started working again (he didn't believe me that it was ever broke, just said I must have been pushing the button wrong, ha!). Any suggestions??? Just looked and a new controller runs about $550-575. Ouch!

What i posted earlier had to do with the (wireless) data connection between the E/T and the remote.

If it wont come on at all (no display, no back light), Then there is something up with the board, or possibly the connection between the batteries and the board. Or even the connections that connects the batteries together. Also, make sure that your battery contacts in the remote are good and that the batteries have not leaked at some point onto the contacts, which would make a good contact difficult.

If you aren't willing to start tearing into it to look around, you may want to get the screen logic that was recommended earlier.

Yeah, I'm losing my mind! This was the post I was thinking about... although there was nothing new in it, she tried holding the button down and it just ended up working after leaving it alone for a while (strange).

If Pool Clown's suggestions don't help - and you don't want to buy screenlogic - you can probably find a cheap used remote-only on the auction site, just make sure the FCC ID matches (P4HEASYTOUCH or P4HEASYTOUCH2A). Anything you get might need a firmware update depending on what your system has.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.