Milton, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
IMG_4041.jpegI’m running into a brick wall trying to hook up an Easy Touch 8 Auxilary control.
I’m following the instructions and have the control panel sending address and the wireless controller set to receive address, but the wireless controller times out and powers off without connecting. See photo. I removed batteries to reset the controller with no improvement.
Any suggestions?

Give us the rest of the story...

This a new installation?

Has the wireless remote ever worked on your system?

What is the history?

@ogdento knows how these gadgets work.

yes, we need some context...

It looks like you've got yourself a used handheld remote with a new Easytouch outdoor panel. If that's the case, and you are setting it up for the first time, also tell us:
1. what are the firmware versions on your indoor and outdoor controllers... On each controller, go to Menu > Diagnostics > Software Rev
2. is the fccid on the back of the handheld remote P4EASYTOUCH or P4EASYTOUCH2A
3. there should be a transceiver in a little tan "egg" (separate from the screenlogic wireless transceiver) plugged into your outdoor panel for the handheld remote... does it look like a or b below:

Correct, new panel, used wireless controller

Panel diagnostics:
Easytouch4
UIC: Not avail
VOC: 2.190

Wireless unit diagnostics:
EasyTouch
UWC: 2.140
VOC: Not avail

FCC ID: P4HEasyTouch2A

See photos for egg circuit board.

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

Thanks

ahh ok, the problem is you don't have a wireless transceiver for the handheld remote. the one you've shown, "Quest Wireless Ethernet", is one half of the wireless link for the screenlogic. It doesn't work with both the screenlogic and the handheld remote.

You'll need an easytouch remote transceiver, pentair 520946z. if you get a used one, make sure it's got firmware 2040 (or greater, if there is anything greater) - there will be a sticker on the back of the transceiver board saying 2020, 2030, 2040 etc. I've not been able to get a 2.140 remote to lock an address with a 2.190 outdoor board using a transceiver with 2030 or 2020 (only works with 2040 for me).

Thanks a lot. Our contractor ripped off a dozen people and went awol, I’ve had to figure it all out myself. This is one of my last pieces of the puzzle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.