Pentair Easy Touch Installation Help/Questions

Thanks Jim - correct on that control - it has been about 3 years since I was in to this deep knee deep, it's all just run really well and I've had other things take my attention.

You are correct about actual control, but from the panel - that Pump button will still turn the Intelliflo pump on and off via serial and allow power through the "Pump" relay. With intelliflo the only thing you'd wire to that relay is something you'd want to have power only while the pump is powered on, but it doesn't directly control the intelliflo. Pressing that button would send a signal over the serial cable to the Intelliflo and activate the "Pump" relay sending power to any device wired to the relay inside the box. For example I use that relay to control power to other devices like the heater and relay for my Stenner pump. This way if the pump is not activated/off then I can't run the heater or chlorine pump.

Hi I was wondering how this installation by the our electricians looked since I was not home when they installed everything. I don’t see the salt cell but I assume that’s installed later. We have a bubbler light spa light and two pool lights I assume by this install we will not be able automate each one individually. They also left some wiring exposed outside the ground will rain cause any problems? Thanks for the help!

Just speaking as an electrician, the one thing I see that I hate is they labeled the panel with a Sharpie. P-Touch labels make things look so much more professional.
The inside of the panel could have been a little more neat and I would have tried to sleeve those low voltage wires instead of tie wrapping them to the conduits. But all and all its not too bad of an install.

Reactions: GDN
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.