Naples Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I have the Pentair Easy Touch model 520614 and I believe its had a stroke. I first realized I had a problem when it mysteriously maxed out the temp in the pool and spa to 104, reset using my phone app but would happen again. Since I removed the wall unit, I haven't had an issue. The display on the wired Easy Touch flickers and if you touch menu, it goes into an endless loot that the only way to recover from is to disconnect it from the wall plate connector.
Does anyone repair these or do I just replace it. Replacing brings up another question. I can't find the Pentair #520614 for sale, the closest one at least for appearance is the # 520548., I would need to find out if that is compatible, Or, it would be nice to just buy the replacement board since I really don't need anything else.
Anyone know about repair or replacement?

I use the 8 button on a 4 relay EasyTouch with no issues. In the future if you want to upgrade to 8 relays (add 1 resistor) you'll be ready and won't have to replace the indoor unit again.

Coastal,
Pentair's part numbers are crazy... 520614 is actually the part number for the firmware. 520548 is the 4-button indoor controller, 520549 is the 8-button. The boards are interchangeable, but the keypads are different of course.

This is a board from a 520548 or 9 that I repaired - the topmost sticker has "520614" and the firmware revision on it:
DSC_0305.JPG

This stuff can usually be repaired, I'll send you a PM.

-Tom

C,

Let's get our Pentair Remote guy on the phone... Calling Tom, @ogdento

So I assume you have both Pentair Remotes as well as ScreenLogic.. Is that true?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, I have this wall remote and the screenLogic that I use with my app. I mostly use my app anyway but the wall remote is very handy to turn on the spa and to check water temp. I have the

IMG-3846.jpg

Coastal,
Pentair's part numbers are crazy... 520614 is actually the part number for the firmware. 520548 is the 4-button indoor controller, 520549 is the 8-button. The boards are interchangeable, but the keypads are different of course.

This is a board from a 520548 or 9 that I repaired - the topmost sticker has "520614" and the firmware revision on it:
View attachment 332021

This stuff can usually be repaired, I'll send you a PM.

-Tom
That's great, thanks! I'll reply to your PM.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.