Pentair ColorVision Bubbler with Globrite LED lights - Thoughts/Recommendations??

chemillion

May 7, 2019
Southern CA
Hello,

I'm trying to decide if the Pentair ColorVision Bubbler with Globrite LED lights is the way to go for a non-telescoping bubbler. Less chances of kids kicking and breaking the telescoping moving parts. Does anyone recommend or have any thoughts they can share about the ColorVision Bubbler? Does it work as advertised as far as plume height vs water depth and flow to the bubbler?
Seems like a non-telescoping bubbler like this wouldn't give good plume height, given that influent water pipe is 1.5" but has/comes with a flexible telescoping option.

Thank you!

I have this bubbler installed in a baja shelf that is 18" below the surface, it bubbles the water when I turn the pump on and yes it will very much push the water around when I turn the pump speed higher. With kids I would not go with a telescoping bubbler but that's a personal opinion. The flexible telescoping attachment is a piece of silicone/rubber that attaches to the faceplate/outlet, I have never used it and don't see a need to. I will say I with my pump / valve setup I can have 2 VSP going to the bubbler at one time and I get a good size plume out of it. I would also say don't expect a fountain coming out of your pool, Bellagio fountains this is not.

Reactions: chemillion
I have two of those on my shelf which is a 9" water depth. I would suggest that they are plumbed in a loop to avoid one shooting higher than the other. In order for me to get even decent size plumes i have to have the 1/2" eye ball and turn the pool returns off. Although this is due to the fact that the majority of my return water goes to the spa which does not have a shutoff. The silicone riser works but is easy to get knocked around and aim the plume out.

After the pool is started, undo the lens cover and make sure you dont have anything obstructing the flow. I had CHUNKS of plaster sitting beneath the diffuser plate that restricted the flow.

Reactions: chemillion
I have two of those on my shelf which is a 9" water depth. I would suggest that they are plumbed in a loop to avoid one shooting higher than the other. In order for me to get even decent size plumes i have to have the 1/2" eye ball and turn the pool returns off. Although this is due to the fact that the majority of my return water goes to the spa which does not have a shutoff. The silicone riser works but is easy to get knocked around and aim the plume out.

After the pool is started, undo the lens cover and make sure you dont have anything obstructing the flow. I had CHUNKS of plaster sitting beneath the diffuser plate that restricted the flow.
How high is your plume on the bubblers with and without the silicone riser? On the installation, it shows varying nozzle diameters sizes but only comes with one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.