Pentair clean and clear plus air bleed tube question

Jun 11, 2010
Hi

The cap on the top of my air bleed tube assembly broke apart. I tried to point to it here in this diagram (unfortunately don't have a real pic).

Image 2016-07-13 at 10.17.03 AM.jpg

It's a 1/2” cap that fits on the top of the PVC pipe. Looks like newer versions have a wire mesh type cap on top but this is an older version.

How important is it to have this sealed and/or “upgraded” to the wire mesh version? I am thinking of just capping it off with a 1/2” PVC slip cap and calling it good.

cheers!

Last edited:
Pete,

Ask yourself, why would there be a pipe there if it were just capped off? The one I have has the mesh cover.. I would have to assume that the mesh lets air out and does not let filtered junk in. My guess is that it is an air relief system of some sort..

Are your sure that the old cap was just a solid piece of PCV? Just does not sound right to me..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Pete,

Ask yourself, why would there be a pipe there if it were just capped off? The one I have has the mesh cover.. I would have to assume that the mesh lets air out and does not let filtered junk in. My guess is that it is an air relief system of some sort..

Are your sure that the old cap was just a solid piece of PCV? Just does not sound right to me..

Thanks,

Jim R.
1585447574436.jpegFound this pic online... mine is the one on the left without the mesh and I assume the cap has some sort of filtration although it’s not obvious. Guess I will go for the new version assuming it can be replaced... not obvious to me how it is currently attached to the lower housing...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.