Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We recently had an in-ground saltwater pool built. I’m finally getting around to regular maintenance and noticed our Pentair CCP420 (P/N 160301 FLT CNC PLS 420) has a large note on the label that says “Suitable for freshwater only”. I quickly searched the manual and the website and haven’t found anything on the subject. Is this filter suitable for a saltwater pool? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: (Ha ha.) If by saltwater you mean your pool uses a salt water generator to produce chlorine, you're fine. The salt levels in our salt pools (~3,500) is nothing compared to ocean water or things like that.

Reactions: KiaOraTX
When you get a chance, be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. See my signature as an example. If you're on a phone, you may have to turn it sideways to see the signatures at the bottom of each post to see what I mean.

One final interesting fact ....... many so-called "in the industry" people forget the fact that even if someone only added liquid chlorine to their pool each day to maintain the proper FC level for their so-called "non-salt pool:, it would still be a salt pool. The byproduct of liquid chlorine .... wait for it ....... salt. Ha. So even those who never added salt to their pool are surprised to find their saline level already close to those who use SWGs.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome to TFP! :wave: (Ha ha.) If by saltwater you mean your pool uses a salt water generator to produce chlorine, you're fine. The salt levels in our salt pools (~3,500) is nothing compared to ocean water or things like that.
Gotcha, I suppose these filters are used for purposes other than pools.?. Saltwater aquarium maybe?

I suppose these filters are used for purposes other than pools.?
That I couldn't say, but they are certainly used by many pool owners here on the forum - both traditionally/manually chlorinated (non-salt) and SWG chlorinated pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.