Pentair CCP240 filter housing broke - manufacturer date?

DanSDPool

Jan 31, 2017
SAN DIEGO
My filter housing has a crack and from my research apparently I should buy a new one instead of trying to patch it.

The replacement part comes in two different versions depending on mfg. date:
part# 178578 Tank Bottom Assy. (after 11/98)
part# 178559 Tank Bottom Assy., (before 11/98)

Do these markings indicate mfg date? (see attached photo) - the "04" and "D" are punched out.
I'm guessing that means mfg in April, 2004?
Is that correct?

and does anyone know what the differences are on this part before and after 11/98. i.e. is there another way to tell which part to get?

Attachments

• dan_pool_filter.jpg
    dan_pool_filter.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 7
I think you are correct on the Mfg date. Mine has an actual date on the tag but it was only purchased earlier this year. My review of the difference would be the position of the inlet and outlet on the bottom section. You want to ensure the new one can fit directly without moving your existing pipe work.

I'll try the 178578 part. hopefully the inlet/outlet are in the right position.

I contacted Pentair. It was a little difficult communicating my situation, but here's my interpretation...
On my filter the P/N is rev B. I think he said there are 4 revisions.
It sounded like my revision was manufactured after 11/98.
The rep didn't think the punched out number/letter were the mfg. date.

After a little additional research, it seems the filter before 11/98 has quite a different manifold (internal inlet/outlet attachment to bulkhead).
the older outlet manifold looks like a circular object - V38-220
The newer outlet is a pipe fed by a "X" shaped pipe - 170035 or 170040

I'll try the 178578 part. hopefully the inlet/outlet are in the right position.

I contacted Pentair. It was a little difficult communicating my situation, but here's my interpretation...
On my filter the P/N is rev B. I think he said there are 4 revisions.
It sounded like my revision was manufactured after 11/98.
The rep didn't think the punched out number/letter were the mfg. date.

After a little additional research, it seems the filter before 11/98 has quite a different manifold (internal inlet/outlet attachment to bulkhead).
the older outlet manifold looks like a circular object - V38-220
The newer outlet is a pipe fed by a "X" shaped pipe - 170035 or 170040
Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.