Pentair cartridge filter ccrp question

jaye31987

Jun 17, 2019
orlando
Any one has a CCRP200 pentair? I'm in a market for one but the seller recommends the CC200 version.

He told me this -

"Ill see the regular clean & clear is a better filter that's why there more expensive our business is pool service we service 400 pools a month have for the last 15 years the rp has the intake flow in the middle of the filter what there not telling you is the middle of the filter is more fragile than the bottom and will break down the fibers a lot faster you'll be replacing the cartridge sooner and the good ones are expensive we don't see and difference in efficiency thanks"

Does he hold any truth to that?

I know zero about this filter. I have heard the story 100 times though, in many industries/trades. Overwhelmingly it was always either the builder/salesperson had half a warehouse to unload still, or they were slow to change and stuck in their ways. Is this that rare occasion that newer technology isn't better ? Maybe. The side port looks pretty cool though (functional) and I'm sure Pentair spent a pretty penny designing it.

The old one still works great either way, so there is that too.

I'm interested to see other's thoughts. Please take my free bump. :bump:

Jay,

My first thought is why do pools in Florida all have such dinky filters??? The larger the filter the less often you need to clean them. I have a 17K pool and a CCP-520 filter.

I do not know if your pool builder is telling you a story or not, but I don't see what he would gain for selling you the same basic filter.. I assume the price is about the same..

It does appear that the RP does have the input in the middle, but it also appears that the water flows around the outside of the filter case and is not forced directly into the middle of the cartridge.

My gut says, it won't make a lot of difference, one way or the other.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jay,

My first thought is why do pools in Florida all have such dinky filters??? The larger the filter the less often you need to clean them. I have a 17K pool and a CCP-520 filter.

I do not know if your pool builder is telling you a story or not, but I don't see what he would gain for selling you the same basic filter.. I assume the price is about the same..

It does appear that the RP does have the input in the middle, but it also appears that the water flows around the outside of the filter case and is not forced directly into the middle of the cartridge.

My gut says, it won't make a lot of difference, one way or the other.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey thank you for your input. My pool will be 9 to 10.5k gallons. I wish I can afford the biggest filter but its so expensive. I have been looking everywhere! Best I found for cartilage filter is 550 for cc200; if you know of a cheaper place/site; please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.