Adamf79

Jun 16, 2022
Crystal lake, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This robot was included with my pool build. I use it few times and it seems to do the job. I do have few questions that I been waiting to get answers from Pentair. Been a week and I have not hear back.

1. Robot is design to do walls, floor and water line. I see come up at times to the water line it will do a section and go back down. How does it know what to clean and when to do parts or whole water line? Dose it have any sensors that tells the robot where to go ? or its just complete random?
2. Is there a way to make sure that is on the latest firmware?
3. It has a controller with only one "power" bottom on it how do I reset the robot to factory if needed? Can i buy controller with multi buttons on it and use it with the robot?
4. Since is made by dolphin can i use dolphin app instead of Pentair home?
5. what is equilvent model of the dolphin?
6. what is the diffrance between 930 and 930w.

Thank you all!

Reactions: mknauss
I bought a 930W in January, it wasn't what I wanted and more than I wanted to spend but it was available - I had been procrastinating to the point I wanted it NOW.

#3 : not sure what factory settings it would need to be reset to, there are only two programs (floor only or walls and floors) , manual steering, and the ability to schedule cleanings. You have to use the app to do any of it. Pushing the button will make it clean with the last program it did.

#4: I've only used the Pentair app. I doubt Pentair made it compatible to other apps.

That said, I'm happy with my bot. Put it in the pool, open the app on my phone and run it . I usually run a floor only cleaning then floor and walls, 1 hour and two hours respectively. I usually only do it once a week and the second wall/floor is usually needed to get 99.999% of the stuff on the floor. I am very happy to see the amount of verry fine silt it has picked up when I clean the filters.

Probably the only thing I absolutely don't like is that you can only register/install your bot on one device, you cannot have it on your phone and your old phone and your tablet and your kids' phones ......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.