Pentair 5G Color Light Saga

Aug 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Hi All,

I had a Pentair 5G color light installed about 2.5 years ago. It stopped working a month ago. I ordered a Sunseeker light engine replacement. Today I went to install it with no luck. I tested to see if there was power coming into the light with a non contact voltage tester (tested the cable). It appears there is power to the fixture, but when I test the voltage after the transformer inside the fixture, there is no power. Is it possible that the transformer is the defective culprit?

I tested to see if there was power coming into the light with a non contact voltage tester (tested the cable).

You can have power but not the correct voltage.

To diagnose an electrical problem you need to use a multimeter and test the actual voltage.

It appears there is power to the fixture, but when I test the voltage after the transformer inside the fixture, there is no power. Is it possible that the transformer is the defective culprit?

Yes, it is possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.