Pentair 5G Color LED light Replacement

The large LED light went out. I have a replacement and I'm having trouble changing it out. My pool builder only left me with about 6" of slack behind the light. I disconnected the wires at the junction box and tied a pull string to the old harness to pull out the old light from the pool side. I can not pull any wire out, it won't budge. I looked to see if there were any clamps, and didn't see any. My pool builder installed it after the pool water was filled. So I don't think he used any sealant. Water came out of the junction box when I took the cover off of it. Probably why the light went out. The light is 10 years old, and the other two still work. Need help on how to pull the old wire harness out.

Water coming out of the junction box is not good. That should be well above the pool water level.

I suspect you will need to use some line lubricant to get the cord free to be able to replace the light system.

I bought a light with a longer cable. I suspect that is why the junction box is so low. I guess it's about a 100' run. I don't know if I took pictures of that while it was being built. At the time, I didn't know what it was. No pool people I called wants to touch it, since I already bought a new light. I'm not sure how to get line lubricant in there. The conduit is full of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.