Pentair 250 membrane

Oct 9, 2009
Plano, TX
The up button on my Pentair Mastertemp 250 is not working. Ive read that most likely the membrane needs to be replaced. Im curious though, if I use the down button will it cycle back up to the max temp? Just looking for a temporary solution :p Thanks for any info.

The up button on my Pentair Mastertemp 250 is not working. Ive read that most likely the membrane needs to be replaced. Im curious though, if I use the down button will it cycle back up to the max temp? Just looking for a temporary solution :p Thanks for any info.

I don't think the temp will cycle back up. My heater is closed for the winter so I cannot test it.

The membrane keypad replaceable with Pentair part number 472610Z. It costs around $80. And there is an aftermarket keypad for around $30...

Thanks for the reply Allen and you are right! I had the thought last night that I could test it on the pool mode and not screw up the Spa mode. It stops at 62 and then it is stuck there. Now Im testing to see if cutting all power to the unit will set it back to the factory spa temp of 100F. However Im guessing there must be a battery in there somewhere to maintain the temp memory, worth a shot though.

I did order the membrane though so thanks for that confirmation.

Do you have any pool automation? I never adjust the temperature on the keypad of my heater. It stays set at 104 on my heater and my automation uses it’s own temperature sensor and cycling the heater with the “fireman’s switch” to maintain whatever temperature I desire. I would not even know or care if my heater keypad did not work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.