Pentair 227t shutting off and on, very hot, impeller spins freely.

Jxkey

Apr 22, 2019
Columbia SC
My Pentair 227t pump is shutting off and on. It was running for a few minutes then shutting off. Sometimes just buzzing and popping the breaker at the house. Cap doesn’t look like it’s bulging. Pool hasn’t been used in years. Any ideas on how to get this running? Also need to know if it’s wired to 110v as the line I ran from the house to the pump is 110v since the contractors cut out all of the existing lines. I can’t find a manual so attached is a picture of the wiring on the back.

Attachments

• AA79EE8C-DA40-47C3-9D4A-36D73E79C265.jpeg
    AA79EE8C-DA40-47C3-9D4A-36D73E79C265.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 6
Remove the back center cap to check to see if the shaft spins freely. It just pops off with a quarter turn counterclockwise. Handle carefully as the tabs can break off.

Do you have a picture of the motor label from the motor and the pump label from the front of the pump with the barcode?

I'm unable to get a clear picture of the labels of the motor as they're sun faded. The previous owner of the house left the pump out in the elements so it's sunfaded and pretty ugly.

It's a Pentair 2 hp High Performance Pump with the numbers 227T on the top of the motor housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.