Peel Heat Pump Service Near Me (Baltimore area)

I'm in Maryland and having a hard time finding an Mechanical Contractor to come look at my Heat Siphon (over 10 years old). It stopped heating water just as I was about to close the pool last season and need a tech to evaluate. It comes on- well the fan does- but doesn't heat the pool. I'm just south of Baltimore. Any suggestions?

Post some pics of your HP showing the labels on it.

Maybe it will give someone ideas to share.

I called Heat Siphon and the rep said it sounded like the compressor capacitor or a bad contact. I already had a spare capacitor on hand but thought the one in the unit was fine cause it looked good/no bulges. One of the wire terminals on the capacitor had a look similar to the corrosion in a car battery when it overcharges and the corresponding prong in the capacitor had some small amount of black discoloration on it. I swapped in my new spare capacitor and all is well again. Pool water is 86 and wife is happy! I ended up buying a contact as well and will keep it as a spare.

This is the second time in the last five years the compressor capacitor has failed - not sure if that's normal. I bought another spare just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.