Pebbletec drain and acid wash req

The biggest worry is the ground water level and if there is risk of the ground water floating the pool shell up out of the ground. Otherwise, it should be fine, the warrantywill cover the rest.

It is possible to overdo the acid wash and remove too much plaster which could loosen up some pebbles. But, they are a reputable installer and I doubt there is much risk of that. No, brushing is not necessary for a pebble finish after it is acid washed. It actually isn't needed when it is new after the acid wash either. The acid wash does the job of what brushing would do for new plaster that isn't acid washed.

Yes to the robot. Final color? not really. My pebble sheen has faded every year more and more from black plaster to gray. There are some pics of mine toward the end of my pool thread, link in my sig.

I had some streaking and discoloration after the new PebbleTec build (Black Marble). Builder did an acid wash but streaking reappeared. PebbleTec technician came out and recommended a no-drain acid wash using about 15 gallons of acid. Pool finish turned even color with no flaws. Looks perfect now. Great service from PebbleTec and Gardner Pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.