Pebble Tec Warranty - requires monthly testing by "reputable company who uses a computer system"?

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi,
TFP methods and support working great for our new pool. The PB finally sent us the Pebble Tec / Pebble Sheen warranty (we have Pebble Sheen) it include this:
"9. The pool water must be tested monthly by a reputable pool company who uses a computer system. The printed report of the pool analysis should be kept for future reference"
One of the things that sold me on the Pebble Sheen was the limited lifetime warranty (even with all the caveats). Has anyone had a warranty claim with Pebble Tec and used their pool math records instead of a "reputable company"'s?
If not, do I need to get the print out from a pool store once a month (never done that yet!) in case I have a warranty claim in a few years?

I guess you will fail phosphates on every test - is that a disqualifier? Are pool "warranties" even worth the paper they are written on?
I don't know, and I don't know. Hoping someone here will have had a warranty claim and used their Poolmath records and it was all fine and dandy.

No warranty company will use a consumer's own testing logs to support a claim, nor should they. However, I wouldn't consider free computer testing as "reputable" and frankly neither should Pebble Tec.

Ask your pool builder who they recommend to test your water and take a sample that you know to be in spec there once a month and keep the paperwork. My opinion though is that after a year or two you aren't going to get enough out of a possible warranty claim to make it worth the effort to continue doing this.

Reactions: Arizonarob
I have pebble sheen as well. Since they require third party testing, this is the only reason I step foot in a pool store. I take a sample once a month and save the print out so I have proof of something. I hope I never need it, but I have to do it just in case.

Looks like Pebbletec has changed their warranty guarantees. My new pebblesheen says only 5 years material and worksmanship, and also says to do your own weekly tests and maintain the records in case they are asked for during a claim.
However, I find it highly unlikely to have any failures within 5 years with even basic maintenance.
I'm in TX, so this may make a difference. I did see a link saying something about limited lifetime in Florida, but that could be old as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.