Pebble tec vs Pebble sheen???

Here in Arizona Pebbletech is the older style of pebble finish that is a bit rougher than smooth plaster. Pebblesheen uses smaller pebbles that is a smoother finish. Pebblesheen is what we will be using in our pool when I get to the interior finish stage. We wanted some texture to the pool finish (and hear that it lasts longer than just white plaster). As far as color, thats going to be a personal decision on your part. For my family we started with what we didnt want. We didnt want a dark lagoon looking pool nor one that looked green. So that ruled out the very dark almost black color and any colors that had green in them. We like a medium but sparkling blue color. The interior subs use different products to telling you a color name wouldnt help you as the names are different.

I have standard Caribbean PebbleTec. It's fine and no one in my family of four kids is bothered at all by the rougher texture. PebbleSheen is certainly nice. When the time comes to resurface, and assuming I'm still here, my hope is that AquaBright will become a little more widely available (and cheaper). It's a flame-sprayed polymeric coating that goes over standard plaster and makes the surface chemically inert. It's tough, durable and UV resistant and it comes in some incredible colors.

A word of caution with plaster colors. All plasters fade in chlorinated swimming pools; there is simply no way to avoid it. You want to use a plaster color that does not use organic dyes to create the color as those are the worst in terms of color-fastness. You will often see dark colors fade very quickly. This is what a Caribbean Blue P-tech looks like -

dbtgallery.php

Notice how the surface color is a dull grey-blue while the bulk plaster color is the expected Caribbean Blue. This is what you can expect from the majority of plaster colors and it happens within the first few years. So you want to be really careful to avoid colors that fade easily and those would mostly be the darker blue colors and darker grey colors.

Wife thought pebble tec was too rough, so we went with the sheen. Really happy with it. Choosing a color can be overwhelming -- I'd recommend going to the website and looking at all the possible variations, really helped us.

I am making this decision at the moment. I prefer the look of pebbletec, but prefer the feel of pebblesheen.

I know people complain about pebbletec sometimes, so I am a bit wary of it. Never had an issue myself...

Got signed Contract yesterday for my pool. The contractor is heavy on his opinion of Pebble Tec because of the “look”. Did not have available 2 finished pools side by side to look at but did have 2 sample to compare. We went with the Pebble Sheen. The Pebble Tec was felt first and felt pretty rough without even comparing! Just on first feel. I would have been concerned going with this if it was the only choice THEN I felt the Pebble Sheen. For ME it was an easy decision! I figure the pool with look beautiful anyway and I will never know if thec”look” could have been better with Pebble Tec. What I DO know is that after spending all this money I won’t have ANYONE say the the pool is beautiful but it’s a little rough on the feet!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.