Pebble Tec additive bags (abalone and glass) - how heavy?

Strategerizer

Jul 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

Does anyone know how big/heavy these additive bags are? I am trying to compare quotes from different installers... some provide additives info as ratio (like 20%), some say how many bags they include (like $800/bag, 2 bag min.), some say ratio of additive weight to area covered (like 2 lbs. per 150 sq. ft.)

I am thinking about adding some Shimmer Sea (abalone) and Luminous (Jade blend of glass beads) to my White Diamond Pebble Sheen finish. Quotes are all over the place and want to compare apples to apples...

Thank you!

Hi,

Does anyone know how big/heavy these additive bags are? I am trying to compare quotes from different installers... some provide additives info as ratio (like 20%), some say how many bags they include (like $800/bag, 2 bag min.), some say ratio of additive weight to area covered (like 2 lbs. per 150 sq. ft.)

I am thinking about adding some Shimmer Sea (abalone) and Luminous (Jade blend of glass beads) to my White Diamond Pebble Sheen finish. Quotes are all over the place and want to compare apples to apples...

Thank you!
Our builder quoted us adding luminous as a percentage For each 10% increment the cost is about $2000. Our pool is 16x40 with an additional 7x7 tanning ledge and attached spa. We did have the abalone quoted. Hope this helps!

Do you have any pics of your pool. Looking at getting the same white diamond but with jade glass added. Thanks.
Glad to see other fans of bright/light/white finish. I was second-guessing myself after seeing how many people favor the darker colors :) I do think White Diamonds should be great - hides imperfections, more inviting/happy blue, lights up better at night, etc. And I think Luminous beads and particularly the Jade blend would add some great pop and visual interest without darkening too much. What tile did you get? I am opting for NPT Oceans Marine National Pool Tile Oceans 6x6 Series | Marine | OCEANS-MARINE

Glad to see other fans of bright/light/white finish. I was second-guessing myself after seeing how many people favor the darker colors :) I do think White Diamonds should be great - hides imperfections, more inviting/happy blue, lights up better at night, etc. And I think Luminous beads and particularly the Jade blend would add some great pop and visual interest without darkening too much. What tile did you get? I am opting for NPT Oceans Marine National Pool Tile Oceans 6x6 Series | Marine | OCEANS-MARINE
I was debating between cool blue and white diamond for a while. We chose this waterline tile. Log into Facebook.
And this 1x1 for the spa spillover.

Hoping to replicate this pool water color using Pebble Sheen White Diamond with Jade glass.

Attachments

• pool color.jpg
    pool color.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Love
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.