Pebble Sheen - Blue Surf - Waterline tile help!!

Robert1022

Gold Supporter
Nov 21, 2020
Montgomery County Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Everyone - first time poster. I'm thrilled that I found this forum. My pool is scheduled for gunite on Thursday so I'm hoping that the weather holds out in Maryland. Anyway, my wife and I are struggling with choosing the waterline tile for our pebble sheen blue surf interior. Does anyone with Blue Surf have an opinion between Picture A and Picture B? Thank you very much!!

Picture A:
Picture A.jpg

Picture B:
Picture B.jpg

Attachments

• Picture A.jpg
    Picture A.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture B.jpg
    Picture B.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 89
I think we all completely understand. I had a beautiful glass tile picked out. We all loved it. Then some pool remodel people talked my husband out of it by telling him how difficult it was to clean and telling him all these horror stories. I tried to find a 6x6 that I liked but was miserable with it. It’s not what I wanted at all. I really wanted the subway tile look. I compromised with a 2x3 porcelain tile. It’s still not exactly what I want but it gives me the subway look with a few less grout lines than the 1x2 and the easier cleaning of porcelain that my husband wants. When we are spending this kind of money we want it to be just right. I think you will be happy and think either one is beautiful once it’s installed.

Hi Robert! I like both tiles, but prefer "A" based on the posted photos. My husband and I considered boxes full of tile before deciding on a 6x6 waterline tile and glass tile for our cascade wall and spa. The reason we had to look at so many tiles is . . . when we put samples we loved out in our yard, they changed appearance COMPLETELY. Most of the darker blues we liked looked black in our yard. I strongly recommend putting those two samples in your yard where you will see them most often and look at them at different times of the day. Good luck! And as Nikilyn said, both are beautiful. :giggle:

Reactions: kimkats
Hi Robert! I like both tiles, but prefer "A" based on the posted photos. My husband and I considered boxes full of tile before deciding on a 6x6 waterline tile and glass tile for our cascade wall and spa. The reason we had to look at so many tiles is . . . when we put samples we loved out in our yard, they changed appearance COMPLETELY. Most of the darker blues we liked looked black in our yard. I strongly recommend putting those two samples in your yard where you will see them most often and look at them at different times of the day. Good luck! And as Nikilyn said, both are beautiful. :giggle:
Thank you very much for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.