Pebble Sheen being shot tomorrow. What to expect?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to get that pH up. Lower than test range pH is not good.

Would you give us a full list of your current test results as soon as your testkit arrives? It is difficult to advise without those numbers. Thanks!

FILL WATER
===================
FC 0
My fill water was PH of 8
Total Alkalinity of 175
Calcium Hardness of 250
TDS 400
Salt 300

My TA is right now about 125
My PH is 7.2

Just got back from P-A-P to get them to test my water. The guy there was pretty informative, here is what I'm looking at (according to them). I'm very happy to see the TA going down without really cratering the pH. PT and the NPC recommend a pH of 7.2-7.4 for the time curing.

FC 0.0 (obviously)
pH 7.4 (marginally, probably closer to 7.2)
TA 100
CH 375
CYA 0 (obviously)
TDS 4003
Salt 300

FILL WATER
===================
FC 0
My fill water was PH of 8
Total Alkalinity of 175
Calcium Hardness of 250
TDS 400
Salt 300

My TA is right now about 125
My PH is 7.2

Do you have your own test kit? TF-100 or K2006C?

Pool store testing is mostly considered unreliable at best.

Have you added CYA yet? What is your target CYA level?
You may want to consider added about 2ppm chlorine for now - best not to give algae a start.

I have a better test kit on order, right now. Probably should have done that BEFORE starting up the pool. NPC instructions say to have a CYA of 30-50ppm, but not to add that until the 4th day which will be monday. We can add 1.5-3ppm chlorine tomorrow, not quite sure why they want us to wait to add CYA.

Do you have your own test kit? TF-100 or K2006C?

Pool store testing is mostly considered unreliable at best.

Have you added CYA yet? What is your target CYA level?
You may want to consider added about 2ppm chlorine for now - best not to give algae a start.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.