Pebble Pool Without Waterline Tile and Rolled Bond Beam

jborders5

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Hi All- Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I’m looking for advice regarding pebble pools without water line tiles. We found a home in Phoenix, AZ we love and it checks off 99% of our wants, but the pool has a rolled bond beam and no tile. Is this a deal breaker? The house was built in 1999 and the pool is in great shape. I think the roof may be the biggest concern and don’t want to add to it if the pool is a ticking time bomb. Any thoughts?

pool.jpg

How new/old is that plaster job?

I don't think it is a showstopper but you need to understand what you are taking on. The water line will always be the source of a "bathtub ring" of scale build up even in the most perfectly balanced water because the near surface chemistry of the water differs from the bulk. So it's easier to clean tile. When PebbleTek became a popular surface option, many people built pools with no waterline tiles thinking that the pebble finish up to the coping looked great. Fast forward a few years and they all developed calcium scale lines from evaporation and the PebbleTek is much, much harder to clean than tile.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.