aces79

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m getting ready to landscape around my 30 foot pool. I’m wanting to use pea gravel and edging. I priced a truck load of pea gravel, an 8 yard truck is $350 a .5 cubic bag is $3.50 per bag.

How do I estimate how much I will need?

The truck load is a bit high because I live outside the normal delivery area. I’m wanting to go about a foot out around the pool.

So how do I figure this?

The pool is 30 foot. I’m going out 12 inches all the around and approximately 1 inch deep.
So the area of your 32 ft circle is 803 sq ft
The area of the pool is 706. If you subtract the pool from the outside rocked are you need 100 square ft of pea gravel. If it was 1 ft deep all around that’s 100 cubic feet. To go less just divide 100 by the 12ths of an inch. One inch is 100/12 or 8.3 cu ft. Multiply 8.3333 times however many inches you want. 2 inches is 16.66 cu ft, 3 inches deep is 24.999.

for a little amount, 1 or 2 inches deep, you may be better off buying bags that usually come about 1-2 cu ft. It’s more expensive proportionately speaking but that way you won’t have tons left over to get rid of elsewhere.

Reactions: jseyfert3
Newdude nice math I'm impressed.
Keep in mind with small gravel theres alot of compaction and irregular base level. You will likely need 50% over what the math says if not more its never just an inch. You need about a half yard tops or 12 cubic feet

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.