PB Will Not Do Pavers For Deck /Help

My pool deck was installed starting last Friday morning, continued Saturday and today. It is 1.25" travertine pavers from this site: Cascade Blend Travertine Filled / Brushed Pavers – Stone Nature

They are installed on a 4" concrete base that was poured 3 weeks ago, with a crushed granite sand base (M10 sand) the pavers actually sit on. Here is a pic of the concrete before the sand is installed:

View attachment 404088

Here is a pic of them installing the sand:

View attachment 404089

And here is the sand around 75% of the pool, just prior to them starting on the travertine install:

View attachment 404090

And travertine going down:

View attachment 404091

And the main deck completed:

View attachment 404092

If you look closely - see if you can find the skimmer covers and autofill.

This is the only way my builder will install travertine. Regular pavers are set in sand only, without the concrete base.

-Tom
Wow this is very helpful . My PB said they would not do sand method only overlay over concrete sub deck . So for an overlay method will they still use sand as you have shown here ? Is this considered an overlay method?

No discoloration for us, but we also don’t have any issues with trapped water. There are 3 drains under the Travertine and everything is graded towards those drains. The elevation between the patio and the backyard is pretty steep, 15 feet or so, so everything drains pretty darn good.

No discoloration for us, but we also don’t have any issues with trapped water. There are 3 drains under the Travertine and everything is graded towards those drains. The elevation between the patio and the backyard is pretty steep, 15 feet or so, so everything drains pretty darn good.
Do you mind sharing your PB contact info? (Mod edit : in PM (y) ) I’ve got some questions about how to best resolve my situation since it seems he uses a similar method but obviously does it better. My deck slopes TOWARD my house with zero drains. Might need him as an “expert witness” since it seems litigation is our our only solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.