PB Screw Up

a268o

May 29, 2021
Canada
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are in the process of getting an IG hybrid concrete/vinyl liner pool installed (cold climate). Our decking and landscape is being done by separate contractor, but they have had close communication with the PB.

Our pool concrete is poured, track for automatic cover is in place - and our landscaper tells us today they have notice a large mistake: the pool is not parallel with our house/yard, and there is a 9 inch difference from one end of the pool to the other (lengthwise, which should run parallel to our house). They are obviously displeased with the PB, given the unacceptable margin of error. As the owner, we are also very upset, as our granite coping will need to be cut to account for this 9'' difference, giving the appearance that it is slanted. This will throw off the whole look of the yard/deck, as most of the yard is decking (limestone).

I do not foresee any viable option (besides completely re-doing the pool). We have had significant issues w the PB with regards to delays (8 months), and sometimes lack of communication.

I am simply wondering how I should approach this with the PB. This is our dream home/yard and we will be living here forever, and now always have to look at this mistake. I cannot imagine paying full quoted price given this mistake, and issues we have run into.

Looking for advice.

Thanks.

I am sorry to see this as your first post. Share a pic of the pool from many angles. See if you can get one from up high as well.

I do have to ask if maybe the pool is straight with a fence line?

I will tell you we have some wonderful, creative people here that will help you come up with some neat ideas how to enhance the pool so much no one will even notice anything but the wonderful area you have!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.