Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2020
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are only at the tile and coping phase so I’ve been holding off buying a test kit until I knew what the PB was going to provide, but I’m assuming the strips below are not overly helpful?

If not, are we better off getting the regular or XL test kit version? We’re in DFW and anticipate the build to be over in mid-late July and have zero experience balancing pool chemicals.
B1206911-DAAE-4687-84E4-738D0D83DA74.jpeg

If you're going for a TF100, you might as well get the XL option now to save shipping. Any other reagents should be easy to find locally in a pinch, but not those. Starting midseason, you should be able then to finish the year and next season as well before needing to buy refills.

PS: Check the picture Ph Strip vs drop test, severe discrepancy (pic)

@Richard320 Thank you! I wasn’t sure how far out expiration dates would go, but it sounds like we’ll be fine buying the XL version.
If you can store the reagents in a cool/dry/dark area, they'll last up to 2yrs (verify exp dates, of course)
Most need more PH reagent and the FAS-DPD reagents, then the others. One quick way to tell if the reagents have expired/gone bad, they will stain their bottle!

Reactions: Green25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.