Pavers/PT lumber level with ground or foam?

robzkombi

May 31, 2019
southern californina
Hi all, so contractor has started the process of leveling the spot for our 16'x32'x52" Intex pool, great! My question to you experts is should the pavers (or for those using PT lumber) be flush with the level ground or flush with the foam boards I will be using to line the floor of my AG pool?

Also since in my area extruded foam is not available only the expanded foam, should I get the thicker 2" instead of the 1" foam? The guy at the hardware store said with the amount of water weight this expanded foam will compress quite a bit. What would happened if say the foam compresses below the height of the pavers (or PT lymber) used to support the legs?
Am I over thinking this part of the build?
Thank you.

The little I know about ABG pools is the paver support and the base material all end up flush to eachother when compacted. The foam covers all of that once walls go up. 1 inch should be ok it wont shrink in half some ppl dont use foam at all so if it ends up half inch I think it's fine. Make sure your base is solid and compacted the prep is most important

This is the spot we chose for the pool no grass just dirt. Work starts tomorrow.

I removed all the parts from the intex boxes and set them aside per contents of box. Well everything is there, everything but assembly instructions sheesh! I've called Intex but no answer yet, I'll keep trying. Is there a diagram online ( I've searched but all I keep getting are videos of pools already set up) of where A,B,C,D,E and F poles connect with?
Thank you.

Oh and by the way the stakes are set at 19' x 37'
20190708_145346.jpg

Road base is good it packs well when compacted. I would use some type of paver or flat walk block for the poles you want the load spread out so it doesn't sink that's the reason for a block. Without you have a point load right on base itself

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.